1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone flying out to Doha, Qatar on 15th Aug?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by abdul664, May 6, 2018.

1. abdul664

abdul664 New commenter

I've just accepted a job overseas. Thought i'd be nice if I knew people in similiar situations.

2. dash201

dash201 New commenter

Welcome to Doha! I will already be here.

3. unfoggingblogger

unfoggingblogger Occasional commenter

I really would love to be there, but my wife isn't convinced that the streets are paved with gold.

4. dash201

dash201 New commenter

It is paved with amazing malls though and spas...

5. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

The roads in Doha are paved with traffic.

6. fullblownattack63

fullblownattack63 New commenter

I am flying out 23rd August, my job starts on the 29th. I'm looking forward to experiencing my free Qatar Airways experience!

Good luck!

7. abdul664

abdul664 New commenter

Are you all expected to get your certifiactes stamped and signed my several places before going?

8. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

And when you arrive, fullblownattack63, you will experience the not-so-free experience of Doha traffic jams. Yes, you will indeed need some good luck.

Incidentally, fullblownattack63, you will not be experiencing any sort of Qatar Airways experience again if you do not have an Exit Visa from Qatar, as you will not be permitted to leave the country. (Oh, and did the head somehow forget to mention Exit Visas at your interview? What a surprise!)