1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever done an interview presentation where they didn't actually do the one given?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by BrainJim, Mar 16, 2011.

1. For example you disagree with the premise or feel the question misses the point and therefore gave a critique of the question/topic rather than answer the one given.

Has anyone tried something different in a presentation only for it to die slowly e.g. told jokes, a story, role play, panel participation[​IMG]

2. In the spirit of the question / task, this is my interpretation of a suitable response :) but not quite to the question posed....Gave a presentation once for a leadership post without using power point as felt this was / is far overated. Used hand help prompts and simply talked to the subject without anything else - trying to ensure that I sounded as if I knew what I was talking about and with passion. All other candidates used powerpoints. I got the job. Says somehting about sticking your neck out once in a while perhaps - knowing your stuff and being prepared for to receive the occasional blow every now and again however. Hope this helps a little.