1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else using Sibelius 7? Problems with crackling

Discussion in 'Music' started by asdmumandteacher, Mar 13, 2012.

1. We have just blown our entire Christmas concert money on upgrading our computers to Sib 7. However the crackling when listening to demos and loading time of sound sets is really frustrating. Can anyone help please? :)

2. We have just blown our entire Christmas concert money on upgrading our computers to Sib 7. However the crackling when listening to demos and loading time of sound sets is really frustrating. Can anyone help please? :)

3. LennoxBerkeley

LennoxBerkeley New commenter

For the perfect crackling roast the belly pork in a very hot oven for about 30mins. The fat needs to be bubbling to get the air in. Then reduce to a low heat and slow cook for 3 or more hours. Lovely.

Lennox

4. bod99

bod99 New commenter

near weeing myself situation just then.

5. Not having heard what you are hearing I'm taking a shot in the dark - however the sound quality depends on three things, the speed of your computer, the nature of your sound card and appropriateness of your sound driver.
    I had the crackling problem with Sib 6 and Cubase and solved it using ASIO4ALL which can be downloaded for free.
    If you have external sound cards or ones that require a proprietry driver then, of course you need to use that. If you are just uing the Windows drivers, evn in Win 7, they are horribly inefficient.

6. Hi Rockme :) Thanks for helping me out with this :) In fact I think you pointed me in direction of ASIO4ALL when we installed Sequel LE to sort out latency problem.All the laptops now have it on :)I have a suspicion that its down to the memory of our laptops as well as other things as they only have 2GB and Sib 7 apparantly needs 4! We are ordering memory upgrades to see if that helps!! There is always something with these blinking computers!!!!