1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else think Larkrise is going off?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Spanakopita, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

The plots seems to be getting feebler and feebler.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

The plots seems to be getting feebler and feebler.

3. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Feeble plots is what makes it charming :)
    In fact, I thought this week it was too serious. I mean, in previous series the plots included "letters going missing". An evil curate and beast from hell seem much less feeble.

4. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

I'd like to know where Laura's dad got the fare to go to Melbourne.

5. Ophelia 9

Ophelia 9 New commenter

Working at Downtown Abbey?

6. Perhaps they are getting fed up with walking from Candleford to Larksrise.every week. although its many miles it seems to me as if its just out of shot? Seem to leave one and next scene, appear in the other!
    We just love the costumes. Never rains either !

7. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

No, it never rains, and it's never winter, there are always leaves on the trees.
    I'm afraid I have more bad news for you - Dawn French is to make a reappearance in the final episode......

8. inky

inky Lead commenter

Larkrise is a wonderful book. The slide begins in Candleford.

9. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

It never went "on" for me. I hate that sort of soggy drama from Brontes, Dickens and all them poncy writers.

10. inky

inky Lead commenter

I once lent it to my dad on holiday. He loved it but it sent him into the most awful flunk. I think it was because the world it described had just come to an end when he was born [1915] yet many of the people he grew up with were still somehow part of it. Anyway, he took to his bed, literally turned his face to the walland wouldnt speak. I fetched one of his French men friends who arrived with a bottle and snapped him out of it. Nostalgia can be a terrible thing.

11. On things going off, I was surprised to see "The Tudors" on last Saturday for it's last run ( well it must be as Henry is up to penultimate wife). No publicity about that either. I think the BBC are putting on things they had in the can, and showing them before we all forget what they were about. Nice to see "Nurse Jackie" back too after the Tudors.
    You can see I get out a lot on a Saturday evening (not), because I am recovering fromt the Friday night then, you see.

12. and still as slim and hunky as ever, if the publicity shots are to be believed. so much for my school history lessons
    never liked larkrise after philip glenister died (oh lord - i've lusted after him in two separate forums in one night [​IMG] )

13. Is it too much to hope that it ends in some kind of soap disaster?

I for one would love to see a tram land on Minnie's head, but in the absence of such modern plot devices, Dorcas could run amok with a poker having seen yet another teacup smashed as Minnie listened in to a boring conversation about postal orders.

And the Misses Pratt collapse under the weight of their garments.

14. Did anyone see the mick take by Victoria Wood? Where the sleeves got progressively larger?
    [​IMG]

15. lardylegs

Is it me? Or was Philip Glenister last spotted in Cranford?

16. lardylegs

Ah, and the Tudors!!! Lawks almighty! What a goings on last week, with the MUD WRESTLING ladies in waiting.......

17. oops - they all look alike to me [​IMG]

18. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

They are starting to look like they are going to a gypsy wedding.

19. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

By this stage in his life Henry was barely able to walk, was 50 years old (an old man by their standards), was as fat as an elephant, and had a foul stench about him due to a septic ulcer on his leg which would not heal and probably eventually killed him.
    So its dead accurate then.