1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

anyone else still eating cake?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Frances1985, Jan 9, 2012.

1. So, it's January and amidst the detoxes and diets I chose to bake a sticky ginger cake.

I love eating healthily and get my 5 a day most days, but I like my treats too. In fact, I even wrote a blog post about it!

I'm thinking (and hoping!) I might be surrounded by like minded folk in here who still 'do carbs' ?

amateurfoodramblings.wordpress.com

2. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

I'm using my daughter as an excuse to carry on baking - I've been giving a lot of it away though. I do want to lose some weight before I go back to work!

3. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Nothing wrong woth eating carbs!
    I do try and ensure that most of the carbs I eat are 'good' carbs...wholewheat pasta...granary bread...brown rice...et.c
    But life without cake? *shudder* Do scones count? A nice fresh home-baked scone with 'real' butter and a dollop of homemade jam? mmmmmmm

4. ljr

ljr New commenter

I deliberately make a huge Christmas cake, even though there are only the two of us eating it these days, so it lasts well into Jan & hopefully into Feb.

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I make a very small Christmas cake for us, cos I love decorating them but neither of us like eating them. Now chocolate eclairs, any fresh cream cake, apple cake, Herman cake, love them all.

6. bizent

bizent Star commenter

I never stop eating cake.

7. My lovely lapin cake is but a distant memory. [​IMG]
    Mmmmmmm, lovely caaaaaaaaaaaake.

8. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I've been doing Weight watchers for the last 6 months and I'm still eating cake. In moderation but life without cake would be very miserable. Plus there is always cake on offer at work and it's rude to refuse when someone has brought it.
    I didn't make a Christmas cake this year to avoid having that to eat for the next month or so but we had Christmas cupcakes over the festive period.

9. There's always time for cake, especially chocolate cake, carrot (from Costco), my daughter's pineapple upside down cake with caramel sauce, light fruit sponge, ooh I could go on. My sister recently came to visit and bought us some home made 'Barbados great cake, and some 'puddin cake'. Eating a healthy diet is all very well but you must have the 'occasional' treat, although in my opinion cake is a necessity and not a treat[​IMG]