1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else not started reports yet?!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lillipad, Jun 17, 2012.

1. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Am I the only one who has been ignoring them and avoiding it?! Pleeease make me feel better and say someone else hasn't started yet either!! lol :)

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Me!!!!

I've updated the standard text on them.

I've saved the new version and sent it to partner teacher.

I've thought about copying and pasting 25 times and putting names on them.

I think that is quite sufficient for now.

Still to do:

Copying and pasting 25 times and putting names on them.

Writing the comments and ticking the boxes.
    See I'm nearly done really...

3. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

I think you have to be in the mood. It just isn't happening for me yet, but I am optimistic that it will eventually...

4. I've just finished mine. 30 x 700 words.

5. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

I look forward to the 'mood' catching me... I can't see it happening for a while! lol :)

6. Imtellingonyou

Imtellingonyou New commenter

Mine are due in on Friday, hoping for that flash of brilliance on maybe Monday or Tuesday... I'll take it on Thursday night though!

7. We do our 'big' reports in the middle of the year and a generic short report at this time of the year, written with the children.
    I have obviously nothing helpful to add as I sit here and enjoy a report-free evening....except I felt the same way as you back in March!
    Good luck.

8. lindsay84

lindsay84 New commenter

I haven't yet either. There always seems to be something else I need to do! [​IMG]

9. I have two left to do. Mine are due in on Friday. BUT! The general comment, and English and Maths bits are unique to each child. The other subject boxes are preeeetty much copied and pasted. The thinking is: get SOMETHING done for everyone. Then go back and improve if there is time. I know that's terrible!! [​IMG]

10. due to an extremely busy schedule for the last 3 weeks I have *almost* finished my reports for 6 classes year 7-9 in just over 5 days. This has been whilst also on a DofE excursion for the weekend and a day out for activities at school. It as been sleep depriving but I am so close (deadline is tomorrow). It can be done!!!

11. I've not started mine yet! I've even taken to posting on here for the first time just to put it off some more! They're due in on Monday! Hoping the mood will catch me and I will stop procrastinating!

12. Ours are scattered through the year but we have monthly effort and achievement to do. No copy and paste just assessment, assessment ,assessment, all year.

13. I've just started mine. Then my computer crashed. Checking this forum on my phone. Why is Android (free) more reliable than Windows (expensive)?

Only 138 subject reports to do by Wednesday. Easy....not...

14. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

Mine were due in last Fri so all done, I think this 'mood' being spoken of is more commonly known as a looming deadline!

15. I tried to start earlier this year but realized that something important was missing - the pressure. So I'm leaving them till the last moment because I know that's the way they turn out best!!! :))

16. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

I have started mine tonight. They have to be in on Friday. I've done a few and now have decided to stop and carry on tomorrow. They'll get done. I can only ever be bothered to do them when under pressure. I refuse to spend any more time on them than I know will be spent reading them. Considering they generally achieve nothing, in terms of making a difference to a child's performance, any more effort would be ludicrous.

17. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

I seem to be the last to finish at my school. Not due in for a couple of weeks though, so I have loads of time. I work much better under pressure anyway.