1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else not enjoying life as a teacher?

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by Tidally, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Tidally

Tidally New commenter

how is every1 getting on in the Spring term? I have thoroughly enjoed my half term holidays and dreading going back (eeeeeeeeeeeeek). I enjoy working with children and was considering working as a learnign mentor, the pay is similay slightly less than a NQT and im sure it goes up yearly as the teachers pay does minus the 'professional development' . what do you
    think?

2. Tidally

Tidally New commenter

spelling errors
    *enjoyed...learning...similarly...* sorry

3. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

I'm currently finishing my planning for tomorrow. I've really enjoyed half term and feel nicely relaxed. I'm usually about 50/50 in terms of liking teaching and moaning about it. The bit i really dislike and moan about the most is the massive amounts of paperwork associated with the job, and it really doesn't help that i'm also dyslexic which adds to the time it takes me to do things. Oh and it does get on my pecks the way some kids behave in lessons. Saying that though i do enjoy working with kids and when i get to teach properly.

4. Tidally

Tidally New commenter

When people come in to observe me and I get feedback I can't stop crying! i take it too personally. I was told I taught the chn something VERY hard which does not even need to be taught! aaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhh

5. You still taught them it though - shows you can teach!!