1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else moving to Bangkok this August?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by harrypatch, Jul 11, 2011.

1. I'm making the move to Bangkok this August for a Secondary English teacher post. As this is my first overseas position I am very excited about it, even if this 'giant step' can seem a little daunting at times!
    Would love to hear from any of you who are in the same boat, or any current Bangkokians willing to share their experiences!
    :)

2. Hi harrypatch,
    I'm in exactly the same position (except teaching secondary ICT)
    I cant wait, I collected my visa today, there isn't much left to do!
    Where abouts in Bangkok is your school?
    Benny

3. I've PM'd you.

4. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

Hi guys, I've got two mates out in Bangkok schools at the moment, one teaching Primary and the other Secondary Science. Pm me with an email address if you like them to contact you about any aspects of living or working out there.

5. Well done. And bonus points if they also consider you a friend.

6. By saying that, you are acheiving what exactly?

7. Just a short lived moment of happiness.

8. Whatever tickles your fancy.

9. nemo.

nemo. New commenter

Hiya for tickling da fancy try Nana Plaza lol

Have fun in Bangkok it's a lively and bustling city! If male it's a paradise that can be all consuming after a while and if young and good looking just install a ticket machine at your door. You know so today it's no. 42 ;-) I've seen many a 20 something succumb to a young Thai gal at his door in a nightie bearing gifts of beer (yep that happens in Thailand) so take it easy if male. If female and even if considered a hot babe back in uK your status is now plain Jane and the men will be looking at the local attractions far more. Having said that I worked more with women and they actually in a way were better off and quite happy although mostly single or dating an attached guy (it happens much more in Asia). I love bangkok warts and all although I'm off to KL to teach in august but ill e Bering up on airasia occasionally to see a friend or two and do some shopping in pratunum.shopping in Bangkok is a must :)

Have fun!

10. Nemo I'm sure it's your delightful perception of women that makes you so incredibly attractive...

Sorry about the warts.

11. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

Now we know how his towel got wet (altough in truth, he probably only managed a damp spot).

12. Hello maja, how ya doin'?
    I wasn't being witty, wet towel certainly wasn't being witty, and Wrldtrvlr is from across the pond - the only funny thing from there are the sizes of people's shorts! And the fact that they eat from buckets (one leads to the other...).
    You're not building up false WC hopes for Wales again, are you, old girl?