1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

anyone else have lots of kids off today?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Apr 27, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Nopes. Have two off on unauthorised (though we knew in advance) holidays. Total nuisance as they are year 6. One was off before the holiday for two weeks and is still off. The other is off this week and next.

That's all though.

2. I work in year 6 and had 2 children off. One is a child who just doesn't turn up for odd days so wasn't really suprised. Another really needs to be in to maintain confidence for SATs - Mum is also very pushy and even pays for some private tuition. Other children told me that she's on holiday and Mum has posted it on facebook - however she had the gall to ring claiming that her children had a sickness bug so she'e following the school policy of staying away for 48 hours!

3. ballerina

ballerina New commenter

Nope, full house!

4. must just be my class who decided these 2 days weren't important!! lol

5. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

My class was all present and correct today (YR/1/2), but we had 6 away in the Y5/6 class so it must be just the upper KS2 children whose education isn't important to parents! [​IMG]

6. We anticipated kids away so organised 3 days of fun filled activities linked with the wedding, today we had a massive street (yard) party, royal afternoon teas for parents, disco, balloon releasing etc...result..no unusual absencies

7. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

The whole school is off... we're still on Easter holiday.

8. Just [​IMG] at the Facebook posting!!