1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else getting silly 'friend' requests

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Aug 28, 2015.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

From someone called tilleyboy who has the spelling and grammar of a 6 year old.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Makes a change from the ones I had a couple of years ago from someone called Anastasia who said she had fallen in love with me and wanted me to send her the money for a plane ticket to London England.

[​IMG]

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

3. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I don't think I've had any since the suggestion that the facility might be removed. I've had some silly spam type ones in the past.

4. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Er, no.

I don't know whether to feel relived or miffed.

How's it going between you and Anastasia then, Theo? Relationship going well? ;o)

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Sadly, GDW, she didn't provide an address for me to post the ticket. the envelope is still sitting on my mantlepiece.

[​IMG]

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

6. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Sorry about that, Theo. Guess some other lucky punter got there first. Could have been so romantic! ;o)

Tell you what. You send me the ticket and we'll have a jolly holiday in (say) Antigua? That might cheer you up a bit?

It's:

GDW

5 Delusional Avenue

Optimismville

Ohio

(5 star hotel is fine, 4 at a push)

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Life was SO much easier for me on TES when this was my avatar:

[​IMG]

Because i could always wriggle out of things by saying that Mrs TG wouldn't let me . . .

Best wishes