1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else feel that things are getting too much?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by jonesec, Apr 28, 2012.

1. I feel things are too much too. I am always trying to remind myself to make the most of time with LO and my parents. I hope things work out with your dad. I remember how upset I was when my dad was diagnosed with cancer. He has been in remission for many years now. I don't know what the answer is - I have just requested a move to 0.8 as I just feel I can't really do it all at the moment and I'd rather spend time with LO. People don't understand the commitments of a teacher - not actually that compatible with being a mum too.

2. pancake99

pancake99 New commenter

Totally agree, it so ironic but despite all the hols coinciding with our Lo's, teaching is not parent friendly at all!!! I'm getting a pay off to go after returning from my mat leave and being hassled no end. Basically who wants mums as teachers, we are a liability - at least that's how I've been made to feel - but I'm glad to go. When your LO is splashing around in the bath you should be at least looking on adoringly not thinking about that darn lesson plan you're going to do later!

3. Try not to google re;prostate cancer. when my LO was ill before she was born i googled so much and scared myself stupid. Wait for the hospital's results and take it from there. What a worry, i am sorry and hope things are much better than you are fearing.
    As halfprice said it is almost like that first obs. knocked you sideways and your confidence is badly dented and you haven't quite come back from that. i am still on mat leave nad do worry that i just won't be able to give my all in the way I used to! Try not to worry about the LA visit, it should be supportive and you are obv. very conscientious and take on board constructive criticism so you will be fine.
    best wishes,