1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else feel like hibernating through Christmas?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by airy, Dec 22, 2011.

1. I'm sorry. I will pass the cheddar next time and make an attempt to smile. But I am still having fruit with my stilton.

2. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

What about fruit with your wensleydale? That always struck me as a particularly odd epicurean choice, regardless of season...

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I'm reliably informed by Yorkshire lass Mrs MSB that in her part of the world a sign of social acceptance is to be offered fruit cake with your Wensleydale, especially by one's potential in-laws.

If your OH is from Yorkshire and you've not been offered the above by the extended family after a decent interval I'd advise ending the relationship - it's clearly going nowhere ;-)

4. Get foo. That's my advice.
    And I will be taking my own advice as soon as humanly possible after work tomorrow... [​IMG]

5. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Where have you been? I was starting to worry about you.

6. Get foo. That's my advice.
    Oh alright then Manny......if you insist.
    Here's tae us.....fa's like us......

7. It's been one of those years, camother! Also had to ask the mods to close down my original account and start again (long story).
    Thanks for kind words. x

8. Damn few and they're a' deid!
    Slainte. [​IMG]

9. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I'm glad you are back!
    Cosmos,are you coming up for Hogmanay?

10. inky

inky Lead commenter

The last person I wanted to kill at Tesco was a mannerless twenty-something pillockess conducting a loud ***-fest on her mobile phone while the rest of us were scuttling around as usual just trying to be polite on the run up to having a friendly word with the check-out person.
    Think of your blood pressure, airy.

11. inky

inky Lead commenter

I do know what you mean, though. It was a woman with a buggy for me yesterday. She had zero spatial awareness and it was irritating.

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

and some of the buggies appear to be an aisle wide, bit like a snow plough, but to clear shoppers out the way