1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else doing/done the texting coursework for AQA English Language?

Discussion in 'English' started by crampsfan, Jan 24, 2012.

1. crampsfan

crampsfan New commenter

Hi all. I'm starting this unit with a one-year retake class shortly. I am going to show them some opinions on texting (Humphreys vs Crystal) and get them to research common abbreviations and differences in the ways they text different people. The idea is they use some of their own text conversations to discuss how they're used in real life.
    I'm in two minds about the project, speaking as someone who's been known to put semi-colons in his texts. Has anybody else had a go at this unit? How did it go? any pitfalls I should be aware of?

2. crampsfan

crampsfan New commenter

Hi all. I'm starting this unit with a one-year retake class shortly. I am going to show them some opinions on texting (Humphreys vs Crystal) and get them to research common abbreviations and differences in the ways they text different people. The idea is they use some of their own text conversations to discuss how they're used in real life.
    I'm in two minds about the project, speaking as someone who's been known to put semi-colons in his texts. Has anybody else had a go at this unit? How did it go? any pitfalls I should be aware of?