1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else considering giving it up as a bad job????

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Ham_1, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Very grumpy tonight, 5 applications, 2 interviews,3 rejections, one 'stop' status on GTTR tracking and one awaited decision.
    Right now as I eat my junk food and sigh heavily I wonder why the hell I bothered with my degree, my volunteering in every spare minute I had etc etc

Ham [​IMG]

2. Very grumpy tonight, 5 applications, 2 interviews,3 rejections, one 'stop' status on GTTR tracking and one awaited decision.
    Right now as I eat my junk food and sigh heavily I wonder why the hell I bothered with my degree, my volunteering in every spare minute I had etc etc

Ham [​IMG]

3. It is hard. I am awaiting a reply and have no confidence that I have got in :( Just got to think it will be worth all the trying in the end once we do get on a course!

Out of interest does anyone know what A - D would mean in an interview situation - It was the markings for the group discussion for each area we were graded on. Would they be good?

4. Yes. I have thought a few times " why am I putting myself through this?" and I'd love to just say aah I just dont care! Forget it! But then I remember back to my last bit of work experience, fortunately only ten days ago, and I remember how much fun I had and how much I want this as my career. I literally can't think of another job I'd like to do!
    So hang on in there! Be grumpy tonight- that's allowed we all have our moments.
    Watch gypsy weddings on c 4 now always good!
    Then wake up tomorrow thinking I can do this!
    Hmmm maybe I should go into motivational speaking... Not lol but hope this helps! :)

5. Hi,

I have been checking the website for what seems like forever!
    I put my life on the line to get onto this course now it seems like I may not be able to get onto the course,
    it's really frustrating as many people have now received offers although not many people have been rejected
    it seems so potentially I may still be a reject?
    I just want to know so my application can be forwarded to my next choice although there is only 7 places available at my second choice which I am sure would have gone. I'm thinking I either get on to my first choice or miss out altogether as my other choices will be full.

Still I guess I will have to continue waiting fingers crossed.

Hope everyone is put out of this torture soon enough! Good luck everyone!

6. Hi,
    Im in the same situation, growing increasingly frustrated with no decision from Northumbria. Hopefully be good news but expecting the worst and hope for the best! My interview was on the 17th Jan.
    Matt [​IMG]