1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else been hit with Norovirus?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by tassiegirl, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Its vile!

It started Thursday afternoon and although I am hungry now and have just made some toast and vegemite, I have only eaten a piece and the cramps have started again :(. And I need more than that after nearly 3 days without food!

I have taken to having coke and juice as my liquids to try and get my fluids up.

I hope none of you suffer. At least 10 of us at work were ill with it on the day we broke up. Cut our celebrations very short!

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Yes, I had it a couple of years ago.
    VERY nasty!

No advice really...

3. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

I had it a couple of years ago too and was shocked at what your body does in this situation [​IMG]

4. Lots of sympathy to you - I had this a couple of years ago - I collapsed and was unconscious for a few hours - my children found me and had to ring for an ambulance.
    Be prepared to feel like **** for a little while even when you have started eating again, as it really does take it out of you.

And yes, it IS amazing and vile how your body reacts.