1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone done School's will rock you?/We will rock you?

Discussion in 'Music' started by rosaymia, Oct 21, 2010.

1. rosaymia

rosaymia New commenter

Hi, thinking of doing this at the end of year. It's the schools version of 'We will Rock You' Before we buy it I was wondering if anyone has done it and is it any good??? Thanks

2. Yes, did it. It was great fun, lots of parts, cool music. I'd recommend even though the premise is a littlwe silly. It's very cheap as well.

3. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference New commenter

Yes, done it with a Y6 cast and Y3,4,5 singers. We performed 23 Queen songs with mambers of staff as band. Absolutely great. One of the best things ever done in my 35 year career. Go for it!

4. I did this at my old school a few years and it was great fun! I love Queen and it was great to hear the children all singing the songs. We had a cast of Y5 - Y8 pupils, but it worked quite well.
    Good luck! Lou

5. nikkib_1986

nikkib_1986 New commenter

We're doing it this year and I am soooo excited!!!

6. Its a fab show, I had an amazing time witt my secnodary school band who had never performed anything like it before. Go for it and enjoy.
    Main parts are great, but if your school are anything like ours, you'll have to work on the chorus though. Ther is a lot for them to do, especially the Bohemians. So get a good chorus you can rely on
    Best show I've ever done

7. rosaymia

rosaymia New commenter

Thank you everyone. I am really looking forward to it and getting stuck in!
    It's really cheap too compared to all the others by Josef Weinbergers.
    My head thinks it's too hard and I won't pull it off so that's making me more determined!

8. rosaymia

rosaymia New commenter

Hi,
    How long does it normally take to here from them about the licence?

It's been over a week now, and not heard anything.