1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone done an MEd with the OU?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by flapfish, Feb 25, 2012.

1. flapfish

flapfish New commenter

Has anyone done this? I work part time and am considering it but wondering whether it's manageagble with job, children etc. Can anyone give me some expectations of realistic times andhow they coped with it? Thanks.

2. flapfish

flapfish New commenter

Has anyone done this? I work part time and am considering it but wondering whether it's manageagble with job, children etc. Can anyone give me some expectations of realistic times andhow they coped with it? Thanks.

3. I didn't do my MA with the OU, but I did do it while working full time, with children.
    It was manageable, but hard work. It took 3 years, part time. I tended to do the bare minimum uni work between monthly sessions, so I could keep up with my school work. I then spent all of the holidays dedicated to uni work.
    My family hated it, and begged me not to do anything else once I had finished my MA, which made me feel very guilty. But, it showed my children that working hard has its rewards and I found it hugely satisfying. If I could turn the clock back, I'd still do it all over again!