1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone done a Year 6 production of Joseph before?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by NIXIEH, Apr 28, 2012.

1. NIXIEH

NIXIEH New commenter

In year 6 for the first time and I am looking for production ideas, we have 60 kids and previous productions include Bugsy, Oliver, Wizard of Oz etc and they were all brilliant so the pressure is on! [​IMG]

2. Hi NIXIEH!
    I felt the same last year and was reluctant to do Joseph. However, we did it and it was absolutely brilliant - possibly even one of our best to date! So my advice to you would be go for it! I was a convert by about a week into rehearsals!

3. NIXIEH

NIXIEH New commenter

Thanks for the reply, good to hear that yoy enjoyed it, where did you buy/get the script/music?

4. groovyshell83

groovyshell83 Occasional commenter

I am looking for a joseph script too!!! or Bugsy?

5. poet

poet New commenter

Do it! The best production I have ever done and it brought the house down. Make sure you get permission for the use of the musical if parents are coming etc.
    You don't need a script - simply the songs and words. Do you have a piano or will it be CD / /backing track?

6. netballgoalshooter

netballgoalshooter New commenter

I am doing Bugsy, bought an abridged versiono f the script on Amazon (£6) and paid royalties to Boosey and Hawkes (£180 approx)

We have started rehearsing and kids are loving it! (So far!)

7. think youlll need some kind of licence

8. NIXIEH

NIXIEH New commenter

I purchased the licence from The Really Useful Co, it was £114 for 2 nights performance (no charge for tickets) plus we get permission to use the actual Joseph logo which is great. Whole process was easy, we have a bit of a dodgy karaoke type CD for backing tracks but it will do. We started rehearsing and the kids are loving it so far..