1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone doing anything interesting today?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lascarina, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Or even dull? I've just had a toasted hot cross bun and some extra strong coffee for breakfast.

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Making pancakes for brekkie then going to Leicester for the day [we have a limited range of choices!]

3. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I'm supposed to be doing a flight test to determine how far I can travel without control loss
    Sadly the prevailing and not forecast weather conditions (thick fog) have delayed and possibly will prevent such flights.
    Such is life

4. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

It's supposed to reach the heady temperature of 13 degrees here so my plan is to sit in the garden for a while and see if I can spot any crocuses.

5. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Surely toast and marmalade would be an option?

6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

No sorry... I meant cities nearby to go and visit.

7. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Why do you need to visit a city?

ShowerGel likes this.
  8. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

I've had my breakfast, sweated off 4kgs of leeks and popped them in the freezer and am now about to get kitted up to spend the day in the garden. I have a raspberry wilderness to finish pruning and a new border to dig.

rachelpaula008 and lindenlea like this.
  9. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

You are SO energetic, cosmos. I'm going to have a walk to see if I can sweat off the hot cross bun though.

10. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

I am when the sun is shining lascarina :)

Lara mfl 05 and Lascarina like this.
  11. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Singing Handel's "Messiah" in concert this evening (bass). Not my favourite choral piece, though.

RedQuilt and lindenlea like this.
  12. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Just cleaned out my fishtank, am off tutoring in a bit and then its marking, marking and more marking for the rest of the day.

13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Why not?

Gets us out of the house, new place, looks like it'll be a nice day. Wife wants to go to shops. Our town doesn't have a Debenhams.

14. peakster

peakster Star commenter

My home town does - mind you that's about all it's got apart from a million pound stores

15. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Me and daughter are unwell. My mum was supposed to come round today to look at our attic (it's getting converted) but I can't cope with visitors.
    I'm actually feeling better than I did yesterday, but T. is coughing up a lung downstairs. Poor thing. Also, I'm feeling sad because it's the Dunblane anniversary.

16. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

My husband has gone to the gym while I've been lounging and reading. I shall go and get showered and dressed soon. When he comes back we'll go and take my Dad's dog for a walk, she'll need a bath afterwards because she always rolls in fox excrement - do any doggy people out there know how to stop her doing this?

This afternoon we'll go and open out our folding camper and see if any dampness has crept in during the winter. Hopefully, sunshine and a light breeze will do to freshen it up before our first trip out this year.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  17. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Sorry - that post was a bit of a downer. :-/

18. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Hope you both feel better soon.

coffeekid likes this.
  19. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I'm rehearsing Haydn's Creation from 11.00 then singing it from 4.00. I'd much rather be in the garden, although my back is a bit knackered since doing an hour or so of digging yesterday. This choir is a big one and they probably wouldn't miss me if i didn't turn up - it's a strangely impersonal group, but I can't do that. The soloists will probably be worth hearing although the amateur orchestra isn't that great.
    My other choir is much smaller and every voice counts. We're singing Handel's Semele next Saturday and I feel far more committed to that performance. Actually, I don't really like performing at all but really enjoy learning the music and then having it in my repertoire.
    @nomad enjoy your concert. I like Messiah - we did it twice at Christmas. Great trumpeter.

nomad likes this.
  20. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Well, that's allowed. Hope your day improves.