1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone doing a masters?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by hollygolightly23, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am nearly through my PGCE Secondary English (yay) and have a job lined up for September. I currently hold 20 masters credits; just need to get the remaining 40!
    My current procrastination is looking at Masters courses- as i know many courses offer reflective modules based on the NQT year. Does anyone have any idea if 'educational snobbery'- often applied to undergraduate courses still applies at this level? For example, i am currently at Sheffield Hallam who offer an MA in Learning and Teaching. How would this compare with Master of Arts in Applied Professional Studies in Education from Sheffield Uni?
    Has anybody had any good experiences with particular institutions? Just looking for some guidance really!
    Thank you :)

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

There was a thread on personal last month about everyone who'd applied for their Master. Might be worth a search. I've just applied for one but I don't have a teaching post so its just to keep me busy and looked really interesting. xx

3. Thank you :) will have a look! Good luck x