1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone do AQA'a FCSE??

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by misasimz, Jul 2, 2009.

1. We're launching the FCSE withsome of our year 9 classes next year in Spanish and in French. The AQA site says that Nelson Thornes are doing a book to go with the course but I can't seem to find it! Was wondering if anyone had any advice / suggestions about what we could use with the classes.
    Cheers

2. we are doing it with french and Spansih for year 9's and just continuing the use of Expo.

3. We have been doing FCSE with year 10 and 11 for the last two years.
    in september I will introduce it to year 8 as well as out GCSE classes.
    year 7 will do the ELC
    we will use Expo, a blen of book 1, 2 and 3.
    a good way to get a qualification for eveyone and to gget rid of some content and have more time for other things like international project, PLTS... and fun![​IMG]

4. parkert

parkert New commenter

5. Noticed you had offered to send some materials to someone to go with FCSE course in French and Spanish. Is this offer still available as we start the course in September and I have never taught it before either. This post was a while a go though email keeleychambers@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

6. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

7. How did you all go about organising the recording of the speaking assessments?

8. You only need to record one of the recordings. we did it for all our KS 4 students doing languages and all our KS3 pupils.
    we used our office with a recorder and USB stick. and our foreign language assistant did the recordings. took about three days to record everyone (300 students) and then a few had to be redone in the follwoing weeks by FLA or teachers.
    the kids had a slip with 5 minute time slot and they all turned up.. the year 8 were actually better than KS4!
    we have 50% Distinction (D equivalent) and 50% Merit (E equivalent) Very pleased with this really.
    and it saved us at GCSE level!

9. gsglover

gsglover Occasional commenter

Asfar as I know there are no plans to publish a specific book but I know that the latest expo and son of expo books have or will have a compatability chart for FCSE.