1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone currently working in/ worked at the new (ish) school in Seville?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by catherai, May 14, 2012.

1. Good afternoon all,

Can I preface this by saying I have done a search. A big ol´ lots of minutes search on the forum and beyond before I posted this new thread as I know Spain questions tend to get shot down and tend to be pretty well covered but here goes, be nice.

I am looking at the post advertised in the new school in Seville. Not the notorious bridge related hell fest from which my friend has recently escaped, but the other one which is actually a bit outside of the city. I can´t find any info on the forums but I have noticed that jobs seem to come up quite frequently and this concerns me a little.

I´d just quite like to know if anyone has any general info on the school, re. how it´s run, staff moral and conditions. I know the area so that´s all fine. If anyone could help out here of via PMs, I´d be really grateful

On a second point, having had a challenging year I am reluctantly leaving a job I really enjoy (in regards to the pupils and some staff) because of the overall toxic nature of my school mainly created by a small group of teachers. I now feel really strongly that I am just not prepared to work in such an environment again. The students are what I love about my work but I now realise how much who you work with can tranform your job. Not sure of the point of this part, just wanted to get it off my chest!

2. Good afternoon all,

Can I preface this by saying I have done a search. A big ol´ lots of minutes search on the forum and beyond before I posted this new thread as I know Spain questions tend to get shot down and tend to be pretty well covered but here goes, be nice.

I am looking at the post advertised in the new school in Seville. Not the notorious bridge related hell fest from which my friend has recently escaped, but the other one which is actually a bit outside of the city. I can´t find any info on the forums but I have noticed that jobs seem to come up quite frequently and this concerns me a little.

I´d just quite like to know if anyone has any general info on the school, re. how it´s run, staff moral and conditions. I know the area so that´s all fine. If anyone could help out here of via PMs, I´d be really grateful

On a second point, having had a challenging year I am reluctantly leaving a job I really enjoy (in regards to the pupils and some staff) because of the overall toxic nature of my school mainly created by a small group of teachers. I now feel really strongly that I am just not prepared to work in such an environment again. The students are what I love about my work but I now realise how much who you work with can tranform your job. Not sure of the point of this part, just wanted to get it off my chest!