1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone breaking the virus rules?

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by bigjimmy2, Sep 30, 2020.

1. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Lead commenter

One of my children is a nurse and stays on his own so we have him over at ours on a regular basis. I know this is breaking the rules but I think it's the right thing to do, looking at the bigger picture.

Anyone else?

2. BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe Lead commenter

Unless he does the same with someone else it seems to me that you've formed an extended household, which is entirely in keeping with the regulations.

Marisha, bonxie, bigjimmy2 and 2 others like this.
  3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I'm pretty sure that is correct. I don't think bigjimmy2 is breaking the rules. A single person can be part of a bubble/extended household as long as they do not form another bubble with yet another household.

4. xmal

xmal Established commenter

I think the big issue is house parties. My mum meets a group of friends (all widows) for coffee a couple of times a week and was resigned to giving that up as its now illegal. My mum is the youngest at 75. I told her to ignore the rules and continue to meet. Last weekend I dropped some diy tools at a friends house. It was a 45 minute drive and I thought I'd just leave them at the door but he invited me in. We blethered for about 15 mins without me sitting down or touching anything. It was the only social interaction I had all weekend. Covid is not going away and I, like many others who live alone, can't live like this any longer.

PamDemic and bigjimmy2 like this.
  5. moscowbore

moscowbore Star commenter

I am not sure what the circuit breaker lockdown for two weeks is meant to achieve. OK, stopping any movement will suppress infections for two weeks but when the lockdown is over it will inevitably rise again because of the behaviour of people. A lockdown just delays the problems.
    The signs are clear. The UK public is suffering from lockdown fatigue. Opening pubs and then telling everyone to keep distancing is not working.

bigjimmy2 likes this.
  6. autoq

autoq New commenter

Yes, I have been saying this to many people also. With regards to the topic, I appear to break the rules every day. Actually I am told to. I have groups of around 30 15/16/17 year olds all around me. In a wee small room. They have masks, but only wear them when they are not in my room o_O???.

I have no respect for any of the daft , pointless rules. At best they are hypocritical. In reality, they are saying that teachers do not matter. Actually they are also saying that the families of pupils also do not matter. It would be better if they just stopped trying to pretend that they are in control. Let people do what they can to take responsibility for their own safety.
    Switch everything back on.

PamDemic and bigjimmy2 like this.
  7. Corvuscorax20

Corvuscorax20 Lead commenter

That would totally destroy the economy, kill thousands, and leave tens of thousands incapacitated

8. Corvuscorax20

Corvuscorax20 Lead commenter

That doesn't break any rules- he is part of your household.

Marisha and bigjimmy2 like this.