1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone booked holiday through Owners Direct?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gargoyle770, Jan 2, 2012.

1. I'm thinking about going to Turkey this summer, renting a villa/apartment rather than a hotel. There are some nice looking places on the Owners Direct website, just wondered if anyone has any experience of them?
    I'd also be interested to hear thoughts about places to visit/avoid, travel, etc.

2. As the name implies, you book directly with the owner, so you can't generalise about 'them'.
    I've used the website to find and book accommodation several times and never had a problem.

3. Thanks.
    Might sound silly but I really just wanted to be sure they are a geniune company and not an elaborate scam!

4. No, it's not a scam. Good luck with finding the right property. Some of the owners offer a very personal service, much better than the agencies - we get a Christmas card and email updates from the owner of a property in Cyprus we rented in 2008.

5. I have booked 4 times with Owners Direct - it's been excellent each time. The properties have always been lovely, and the owners very accommodating and helpful, though some more than others, obviously. I would recommend it because our holidays have always been cheaper than I could have arranged as a package with a tour company, the aprtments beautiful and the flights obviously bought to suit us.

6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

We booked an apartment through Owners Direct and were delighted with every aspect of it - it was a Cuprinol experience [​IMG]

7. henriette

henriette New commenter

We have uised Owners Direct on numerous occasions: never had a problem.

8. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I used them last year and had no problem at all.

9. My dad's just back yesterday from a week in Spain having booked an apartment through Owners Direct and he was really pleased with the apartment and had no problems with the booking etc so he'd definitely use the website again.