1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone been watching 'Game of Thrones'?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by CarrieV, Mar 26, 2012.

1. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I've watched the first series,have the DVD and have read all the books, you could say I'm a fan!

2. Pegasus32

Pegasus32 New commenter

I've read the books and watched the series, my favourite show last year! Can't wait for season 2.

3. I have read the books and loved them. I have yet to see the series, I have ordered it on DVD though and I am looking forward to it arriving! I was concerned that it might be rather gory, knowing what the books are like, not a massive fan of a lot of blood!

4. It's HUGELY gory. Enjoy, haha.

5. Uh oh. This is definitely not for me, then.
    Fortunately, I missed the horse episode from series 1 of The Walking Dead. I know it's not real, I know it, but I just can't bear it.
    p.s. a petite birdy says that TWD 2 is coming to Channel 5* soon...

6. Benbamboo

Benbamboo Occasional commenter

Shameless bump as a reminder that season 2 starts tonight on Sky Atlantic.

7. I don't have Sky.

sob

8. CK I would get sky just for Games Of Thrones that how much I love it!

9. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

That's the one - [​IMG]
    No, I can't bear things like that either - there's no need for scenes like that . . . . . but humans being eaten alive by walkers? Yeah, that's fine by me [​IMG]

10. I'm exactly the same. But animals and young children... shudder.

11. Manashee - the horse scene is mercifully quick...

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

so quick I can't even remember it (honestly) . . . .. usually those types of scenes are burnt into my retinas to haunt me forever

13. It's so good, I can forgive it for the horse scene...

If I wasn't married, I'd marry John Snow. I think I might actually love him.

(Sorry, husband)

14. I'm hoping they can bring Seen Bean back to life ...

15. Benbamboo

Benbamboo Occasional commenter

My wife watched the first couple of episodes of season 1 with me. Due to the large amount of nudity and sex she came to the conclusion it was a show written by men, for men, as an excuse to get soft **** on tv.

16. The DVDs turned up yesterday! I watched episode 1, loved it! Looking forward to getting home and watching episode 2 this evening. I may even manage more than one episode as today is the last day of term and so I don't have to get up at some awful hour tomorrow morning...

17. Um, I don't know what my quote about loving John Snow has to do with the sex scenes/soft ****, but hey-ho. Yes - there was definitely a lot of female nudity and sex, which I rolled my eyes at a couple of times but it seems to have abated. It certainly didn't put me off or make me think there was misogyny at work. There are loads of strong female characters, which is one of the things I like about the programme.

18. bigfatgit

bigfatgit Occasional commenter

I watched the entire first series over a couple of days when I visited The Evil Tokoloshe in South Africa at Christmas and thought it was great.
    OSN in Egypt are now advertising the 2nd series is starting soon - should be good

19. So what did we all think of the new series? Looks like it's shaping up to be pretty good.

20. Why oh why does no one kill Joffrey?!!