1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone been to Appy Feet?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Waterfin, Apr 2, 2011.

1. I was talked into this by my sister.
    We had to wash our feet before going into the fishy bit and had a medical questionnaire thing to answer.
    Then we had 15 mins of nibbling. It was disconcerting! If you didn't look, it felt like bubbles rippling around your feet. If you looked, you could see that it was the fish and it made me v twitchy.
    A novel experience, but not one I would repeat I don't think. It was nice to take the weight off my feet and sit down in the middle of a busy shopping trip, and my feet did feel softer after. However, I am sure this is mostly down to the 20 min soak they had (they weren't busy and gave us extra time....I was tempted to refuse but the chap was sweet and was happy to sit and chat with us) along with the nice coconut cream that we had to rub into our feet afterwards.

2. katycustard

katycustard New commenter

Doglover, unless I was back in the Caribbean I wouldn't want fish nibbling my feet! We used to shake them off us when we lived there, never occured to me they were doing me some good. I was amazed when we moved back to England and found people paid to sit in shop windows with their feet in a bowl of fish that other people's feet had just been in!
    I would certainly prefer and M&S voucher!!

3. I don't care whether they filter the water 8 times a day or not - I wouldn't fancy sticking my feet into water with bits of skin from other people in it!
    Stick to the M&S voucher [​IMG]

4. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I've had it a few times, it does leave your feet feeling softer and they nibble neatly round the cuticles on your toenails leaving them beautifully manicured. I've been to two different places and they both seem quite hygienic. You have to wash your feet in a foot spa before you go in.

5. I tried it and my feet love me for it!
    I went in early in the morning and waited for someone else to stick her feet in before I signed up!
    The water is perfectly clear, no chemcial smell and the fish seem quite eager for a nibble. I just wonder why? They don't digest the skin apparently!
    Either way, I will be going in again! I liked it!

6. I was horrified to find one of these in the middle of a very busy shopping centre. No hygienic conditions at all! After seeing some of the clientel I certainly wouldn't want to put my bare feet near any of that water [​IMG]

7. inq

inq

Pobble - presumably you aren't worried if you end up with no toes!

8. Hardly something a Pobble has to worry about [​IMG]
    Aunt Jobiska already gave me that lecture, a very strong minded woman my aunt [​IMG]