1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone awake? Really need to talk to someone

Discussion in 'Personal' started by leo81, Jul 28, 2011.

1. I'm posting on here under a new username as people may guess who I am. I've been a frequent visitor to the forums over the last few months. Just been reading other people's posts, which have been a great comfort to me.
    I was signed off work in February (had been off work on and off since October). This was due to severe pain that could possibly be arthritis, doc still isn't really sure. I'd not been happy at work for a while, and was finding myself tearful and feeling like I was unable to cope. Whilst signed off with the pain I became very down and generally p****d off with everything. As I became ill, I had just met a new partner who was absolutely lovely. Doc wanted me to go on ADs as every time I saw him I was more tearful etc. I felt I shouldn't be so sad though with new man etc, so refused them.
    I made the decision to hand in my notice at work as worrying about it was making me feel much worse.
    Anyway my boyfriend's job is a really sociable one and as I've been feeling more and more down I've turned into a complete monster, accusing him of allsorts. He knows its not how I normally am and has said so.
    Anyway, things have been getting worse and worse and last night everything kind of exploded. Went to see him at work and basically had a real go at him and now he's ended it. We had been living together so I'm now packing my stuff to leave .
    Feel so rubbish and sorry for myself. Know I've been an idiot so don't need anyone to come on here and tell me that. Just feel in need of a little support/kind words.

2. I'm posting on here under a new username as people may guess who I am. I've been a frequent visitor to the forums over the last few months. Just been reading other people's posts, which have been a great comfort to me.
    I was signed off work in February (had been off work on and off since October). This was due to severe pain that could possibly be arthritis, doc still isn't really sure. I'd not been happy at work for a while, and was finding myself tearful and feeling like I was unable to cope. Whilst signed off with the pain I became very down and generally p****d off with everything. As I became ill, I had just met a new partner who was absolutely lovely. Doc wanted me to go on ADs as every time I saw him I was more tearful etc. I felt I shouldn't be so sad though with new man etc, so refused them.
    I made the decision to hand in my notice at work as worrying about it was making me feel much worse.
    Anyway my boyfriend's job is a really sociable one and as I've been feeling more and more down I've turned into a complete monster, accusing him of allsorts. He knows its not how I normally am and has said so.
    Anyway, things have been getting worse and worse and last night everything kind of exploded. Went to see him at work and basically had a real go at him and now he's ended it. We had been living together so I'm now packing my stuff to leave .
    Feel so rubbish and sorry for myself. Know I've been an idiot so don't need anyone to come on here and tell me that. Just feel in need of a little support/kind words.

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Sorry no-one was around when you needed someone to talk to. [​IMG]
    Have you looked at the leaflet that came with any medication you are taking?
    I have trouble with my back and took Diclofenac for the pain. Over quite a short period of time everyone noticed what a worrier I had become - my family nickname became Mrs Worry. On reading the leaflet I noticed that anxiety is one of the side effects of the drug. Once I was able to stop taking it I returned to my old self - what a difference! I've recently aggravated the back and had to start taking Diclofenac again - and the anxiety reappeared very quickly.
    I would go back to the doctor and explain how you have been feeling - a change of medication may help and your partner may understand that it was this that had changed your personality. Living with pain is no fun anyway and needs sorting out.
    I do hope you feel better soon and can resolve your situation. Take care [​IMG]

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Just look after yourself, if he really is lovely like you say he is then once you've sorted yourself out he could be waiting in the wings. Its hard for a lot of relationships to go through such a tough time never mind a newish one. Big hug Leo81! As D:Ream siad ' things can only get better' xx

5. I think what happened with your boyfriend, is that you were feeling so low and down that you subconciously didnt feel like you deserved/appreciated him, and pushed him away. I may be wrong, but i've done this before in the past and only realised why I was behaving that way afterwards.
    Is there a chance you could give him some space, and then go back to him and ask to have a heart to heart. Explain why you did what you did, but don't excuse it, and reassure him that it will never happen again. Then make sure it doesn't.