1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone attend the MOE interviews in Manchester in September

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by emailcherelle, Oct 1, 2018.

1. emailcherelle

emailcherelle New commenter

I attended the interview for Health Science Teacher at the Radisson Blu in Manchester yesterday (30/09/18). I applied through teach away. I sat the exam and I did the interview. Now I’m not really sure what to expect.

I was wondering:

if anyone else attended?

what was your experience?

Hopefully we can keep up each other’s progress.

2. sparklesparkle

sparklesparkle Established commenter

There are two possibilities
    1. They will offer you the job.
    2. They won't offer you the job.
    While you're waiting to find out, you could start half a dozen more threads about this scheme on TES. It's what all the other applicants seem to do.

binaryhex and blue451 like this.
  3. davidd

davidd New commenter

Why are you so obnoxious ? seriously ***

farat_nissar likes this.
  4. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

Because there are 354 of the same thread

blue451 and sparklesparkle like this.
  5. sparklesparkle

Why are you so aggressive and flaming?

6. blue451

blue451 Senior commenter

Funnily enough I thought of you when I saw the OP.

The vast number of these repetitive threads does nothing to dispel what I had hoped was an erroneous impression of the scheme and the schools which use it.

sparklesparkle likes this.
  7. gorgeous-muna12

gorgeous-muna12 New commenter

I went the day before on Saturday for the English graduate position. Did a 40 minute exam and waiting nearly 5 hours to be seen for a 5-10 minute interview! Was told to prepare a lesson plan and to prepare asking questions on behaviour management,did so but the interviewer never asked for it and asked general questions about my background and why I wanted to teach in the UAE. Felt like I over prepared for no reason lol

8. gorgeous-muna12

I went the day before on Saturday for the English graduate position. Did a 40 minute exam and waiting nearly 5 hours to be seen for a 5-10 minute interview! Was told to prepare a lesson plan and to prepare asking questions on behaviour management,did so but the interviewer never asked for it and asked general questions about my background and why I wanted to teach in the UAE. Felt like I over prepared for no reason lol

9. gorgeous-muna12

10. february31st

february31st Established commenter

MOE, the lowest of the low for teacher employment!

11. emailcherelle

emailcherelle New commenter

Yeah I heard the wait times were very long on the Saturday. I had a similar 5 - 10 minute interview. But I only waited about an hour after the exam.

I wish you all the best. I think from reading on here it takes 10 - 14 working days to get a response.

12. sparklesparkle

A 5-10 minute interview for a teaching position abroad confirms this without a doubt.

binaryhex likes this.
  13. zdaea

zdaea New commenter

Has anyone been to the Sharjah interviews that took place on the last week of September. A friend is waiting to hear back so thought I’d check for him on here. How long do they take to reply? It’s been 10 days. Thanks

14. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

“Now I am not sure what to expect.”

There are two possibilities

1. They will offer you the job.
    2. They won't offer you the job.

Indeed. Some people clearly like posting for the sake of it. What else would you think might happen after an interview?

3. They send someone around with a box of chocolates.
    4. You are posted a voucher to have your curtains cleaned.
    5. They solve the Israeli Palestian problem.
    6. Spanish is made the new national language in the UAE on Thursday.

15. sparklesparkle

Just be grateful they aren't posting a load of selfies.

Me at the interview - suit from Primark, shoes from M&S.

Me coming out the interview - thumbs up!

Me that night, celebrating down the pub. Totally wasted, man!

Me opening the rejection e-mail. Sad face emoji.

57 comments from mates saying I'm "too good for them".

sparkleghirl likes this.