1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone at a day/boarding school who would share their schedule?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by mollymillions, Nov 12, 2019.

1. mollymillions

mollymillions New commenter

I joined a day/boarding school at the start of this year. It's quite new and the schedule for both the students and the teachers needs a bit of work. I have done quite a bit of work with timetables and scheduling in the past so I've been asked to look at it. I have limited experience of boarding schools however.

Is there anyone currently working in a day/boarding school who could share the students schedule for the day (study hall, bedtime etc) and also the expectations for teaching staff (how often you have to do duty, for how long etc) and also some indication as to whether the the students/staff are happy with the schedule. Schools don't post this information on their websites for the most part.

A PM would be much appreciated.

2. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

This is quite a complex question as it is dependent upon so many variables.

If the school is new, then they really need an experienced Director of Boarding. Why hasn't this been put in place already?

Send me a PM and I can advise as to the things you need to consider, but only someone who is on the ground and familiar with your school can really give specific advice.