1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone applied for a place in July?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by greasychipbuttie, Jul 19, 2019.

1. greasychipbuttie

greasychipbuttie New commenter

Applied earlier this week, have I left it to late? Got mixed messages from social media (applications closed for 2019) and admissions staff who said there were a few places left...

Anyone who has applied very recently, how have you found sorting Uni admin and student finance?

Thanks

2. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

It depends on what you have applied for an where. If admissions say there are a few places left chances are there are and they will look at your application.

3. I applied a few weeks back and got offers for both of the courses I applied for pretty soon after. However, some courses can be extremely competitive, so they may have filled up already.

You may need to rush on applying for student finance too, it can take anywhere up to 6 weeks (sometimes even longer) for them to sort it. Depending on where you apply, some unis may be more lenient when it comes to delaying course fees; but if you really need the maintenance loan straight away you could be in trouble.