1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone any ideas for superhero themed dance or gymnastics?

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by Lizzi Lou, Jan 7, 2008.

1. I'm teaching a Year 3 class and doing a superhero theme. I would like to try link in my indoor PE (dance/gymnastics) to it. There must be some fun ideas out there, but my brain is really not yet switched on!
    Any suggestions?!

2. I'm teaching a Year 3 class and doing a superhero theme. I would like to try link in my indoor PE (dance/gymnastics) to it. There must be some fun ideas out there, but my brain is really not yet switched on!
    Any suggestions?!

3. bigfatgit

bigfatgit New commenter

Off the top of my head, I think the best one to use would have to be Spiderman - lots of climbing, jumping and swinging as well as rolls that end up in his trademark Spiderman pose (you know the one - crouching over one knee with the other leg stretched out to the side)

Just an idea!

4. smiteu

smiteu New commenter

you could give them a small homework of googling their favourite superhero i.e. wolverine, green lantern etc and get them to print off some poses from the internet, then incorporate them. this would save you using your 'noggin' and also involves them in their learning.
    PS i am only a humble PE teacher so the above might be a crock of..........
    good luck