1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

anybody use Floppy's Phonics Sounds and Letters

Discussion in 'Primary' started by coffeecakes, Feb 7, 2012.

1. coffeecakes

coffeecakes New commenter

I am a big fan of Letters and Sounds but I have not got time to plan phonics lessons for my 3 TA groups as well as my own phonics groups. I still have our match funding to spend and what I want is a commercial scheme that works but that follows L&S quite closely.

I've looked at Read Write Inc but I don't like the order that the graphemes are taught in - it does not seem logical to me and it does not seem to correspond with the L&S phases.

I'm trying to look into Floppy's Phonics Sounds and Letters at the moment but unlike the other schemes I can't find the sample lesson plans online. I guess the main thing I want to know is are the lesson plans any good and how easy are they to follow for TAs with limited phonics training?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. coffeecakes

coffeecakes New commenter

I am a big fan of Letters and Sounds but I have not got time to plan phonics lessons for my 3 TA groups as well as my own phonics groups. I still have our match funding to spend and what I want is a commercial scheme that works but that follows L&S quite closely.

I've looked at Read Write Inc but I don't like the order that the graphemes are taught in - it does not seem logical to me and it does not seem to correspond with the L&S phases.

I'm trying to look into Floppy's Phonics Sounds and Letters at the moment but unlike the other schemes I can't find the sample lesson plans online. I guess the main thing I want to know is are the lesson plans any good and how easy are they to follow for TAs with limited phonics training?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We have just bought it. But it isn't really intended for you to just hand over to a TA to 'go and deliver'. The idea is that the revise and teach parts are whole class and then children go off to complete the practise and apply worksheets.