1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody starting PGCE in Liverpool Hope this September?!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by littlemissraw, Jul 4, 2011.

1. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Congratulations on the PGCE place. You may be better posting on the Student Teacher forum as most people here will have completed their initial training [​IMG] Worth looking around on here though to see what awaits you after the PGCE!
    Good Luck x

2. Hi walsh281, just thought I would say a little hello as I am orignially from Ireland and did my teacher training in Liverpool aswell (different uni to you though). You will absoloutley love Liverpool, great city to be a student [​IMG], all the best of luck! x

3. Hey I'm with you on that one, I went to school in Belfast then did my PGCE over in Liverpool last year (just ending June 2011) youl have a blast! Liverpool is a great city to live in xx

4. Hi, could i ask you about your induction year? you have to do that come September right? Have you got a school sorted? Im worrying about that already and i havent even started my PGCE! [​IMG]

5. PaulDG

PaulDG Occasional commenter

"Induction" is a sort of probation period where you have to prove that you really can cope with a "proper" teaching job.
    It's not about "having a school sorted", it's about getting a job. Induction is a period, after you get your QTS, which confirms you as a teacher, or, for those who fail it, prevents you ever working in a state school as a teacher ever again.
    Anyway, now isn't the time to worry about induction. You need to get that PGCE done first and then get a job.

6. I understand the concept of the induction year i was just asking if anybody had started theirs yet! Having a school sorted is just a turn of phrase that i use i am very much aware that it is about getting a job! I like to look ahead so that's why im just asking somebody who may be going through the experience now!

7. I did my pgce at Hope.

I did a distant learning one though. The grounds are lovely, you're not far from town really. Its a lovely university.

The course is fine, not too hard if I'm honest.

Depends who you get as your tutor though. My tutor didn't even read my profile of professional development. I was gutted as it had all positive comments in.

8. Hi , How are you ? I am in the same boat as yourself! ! Really nervous about the big move over and I have left it all very last minute so I am like a headless chicken trying to decide on the best place to live. Where did you get sorted for accomodation yourself?