1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody starting a Primary Mathematics PGCE at Exeter this september?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by dw276, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Hey Verity,

Yes I'm also doing that course! I'm also doing my undergraduate degree here in Exeter at the moment, so I know the place pretty well!

Accomodation = A nightmare! Firstly the short term lettings seem mainly with families, and I'm not sure how I feel about that! Plus, it seems more expensive than what I'm currently paying for my house at the moment (though it is obviously a longer letting). What are you planning on doing?

David

2. Not sure at the moment. Ideally I'd try and get a house with other PGCE students just for the first two terms; however, I can't imagine many landlords being willing to rent a house out short term. What do you think? So, failing that I'd probably try and find a place with a family or a single person willing to rent out more than one room and try and find someone to join me! Think if there is more than one student there it may be a bit easier and I'd feel less like I was invading their space! Have you decided what to do about accomodation yet?
    Verity

3. Yeah, exactly the same, A level maths and statistics in my pscyhology degree!

4. Same, A Level maths, Statistics in my psychology degree and now working in a secondary school as a maths teaching assistant.