1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody jumped on the scales yet?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by eggnchips, Dec 29, 2010.

1. I have and also internet banking. Think I prefered the ostrich approach.[​IMG]

2. Ditto!
    7lbs this year. Oh the joys of barely being able to move a few steps at a time without wanting to cry in pain!

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Jumped on the scales?
    That would just be asking for trouble. My scales have been packed in a box since I moved house...

...the time before last.

4. It was much easier to break them this year, with being snowed in with chocolates for an extra three days.

5. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

Just enjoy eating for now,sort out the extra pounds later.

6. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

7. No, I'm putting that joy off until Jan 1st.
    Untill then I'm going to carry on enjoying the Christmas goodies!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Yip. ...and I've cleared the fridge of all rubbish and fattening stuff.

I have a wedding to prepare for and don't want to spoil my son's pictures.

9. Yup! Same here.
    Banking!!???!! Thanks for the reminder! Oooops neatly avoided [​IMG]

10. Nope. And I shall not. Never.

11. As long as my clothes fit, I see no reason to use the Devil's Instrument.

There's a set in our host's bathroom that haven't tempted me yet. Going home tomorrow, so should be able to resist 'til then...

12. I have dared to be brave (or stupid) and stepped gingerly onto the scales yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised - only put on a couple of pounds. At least that rounds it up to a whole stone that I now need to lose!!
    We still have a number of boxes of chocs to wade through yet!!

13. 7lb since the start of December so I am pretty pleased

That is a loss btw [​IMG]

14. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Clothes still fit in a sausage skin kind of way. Bought a floaty loose top to go over black velvety trousers for NYE so should get away with it. Have thrown away the remains of the cashews (token gesture) but there is SO much left on my special Christmas food shelf.

15. Show off! [​IMG]

16. I still have a loooooooooong way to go but I decided to lose a bit before rejoining WW

17. You must have incredible willpower to be able to lose weight around Christmas time.
    Respect! (as they say round these parts)

18. I jumped on mine and they broke. Is that bad? [​IMG]

19. Get a dose of norovirus, I've lost three of the five kgs ive put on in the past 4 months. So my ny resolution is going to be made much easier!

20. I think I probably lost it in the first 3 weeks of Dec and have stayed steady over the last week [​IMG]

Or, possibly, even lost a bit more and have equalled out a little