1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody heard from St Mary's, Twickenham?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by rideo18, Feb 5, 2011.

1. About the results of their primary PGCE interview? Good or bad? I had mine on the 19th January and they said they were waiting for place allocations from the government.

Well these have no been published and still no news!! Does anyone know how long it is likely to take? It's really depressing. :(

2. About the results of their primary PGCE interview? Good or bad? I had mine on the 19th January and they said they were waiting for place allocations from the government.

Well these have no been published and still no news!! Does anyone know how long it is likely to take? It's really depressing. :(

3. Hi I had my interview on the 1st December so imagine how I feel!

But I haven't heard anything either. It may take them a while once they got the TDA numbers to sort it into BA/BeD course and PGCE full time and part time and then look at everyone they've had before making offers/rejections.

I think it could still be a few weeks yet.

4. Crikey! I thought mine was bad!! Well, at least I'm not alone... I just keep thinking that they've forgotten about me!

*Sign* Well, if it's a few weeks and it's a 'yes' then that ok. If it's a few weeks and a 'no'... booooooo. Especially if you had an interview back in December!!

Good luck to us both... let me know when you hear!

5. I will do. Good luck to you!

Maybe this week we'll hear?

6. Just wondering if anyone who applied to St. Mary's has head anything good or bad, primary or secondary?!

7. Hang in on there you guys - am sure they are close to notifying. Fingers crossed for you all

I have i/view tomorrow and am really nervous. Am also concerned that no places now showing on GTTR, so maybe they won't even have a space for me.

Hope you all get some good news v soon

8. Oh I wouldn't worry about that, it's been saying that on GTTR since about November before they were even interviewing people! Think it's just a mistake of GTTR and they haven't updated it.

Good luck for your interview!

9. I had my interview last Thursday and they said they would let us know in two weeks. So I am just counting down to til Thursday week. Horrible feeling having to wait and see what is going to be the decision with regards the rest of your life.

10. But it says on GTTR that they have to reply before the 14th Feb?

If not I'm worried it will change on track to unsuccessful...?

11. Well I wouldnt be fairly certain on the whole 14th of Feb date to be honest. But that is my opinion. Would only love if that was the case.

12. lol55

lol55 New commenter

When I went to my interview (secondary) at the beginning of January they also said to wait 2 weeks. But I am still waiting! So I wouldn't go by two weeks. They are probably taking their time absorbing all the information about allocations and funding.
    Good luck to everyone :D

13. Ah fair enough! What was your subject?

14. lol55

lol55 New commenter

Modern Languages. What age group/subject have you applied for?
    Not saying what they told you is wrong ... I just didn't want you to be praying on that date!
    Bonne chance!

15. PGCE Secondary Geog! Not too confident to ne honest, fecked up my group presentation but anyway. Well thanks for that, let me know when you hear from them!
    Good luck!

16. bummer! I hope we don't all automatically get failed on the 14th deadline!! Come on St Mary's, put us all out of our misery!

17. Nothing again! Hate this waiting, so what happens if we have heard nothing by Monday? Our status moves to unsuccessful is it?

18. If you sent your application before the 1st December apparently it does because they have a deadline to keep to - 14th Feb and if they don't reply it will automatically change.

I've emailed them so will see what they say.

19. Ah well now, sure let us know what they say back. I have a feeling we will still be waiting after Monday.....

20. I hate this waiting too! I had my interview at the start of the month and i THOUGHT it went really well but now with this waiting game i'm beginning to question everything!! i suppose that's always the way tho!
    I'm on track every single day and still nothing, its very annoying!!
    I hope this Monday deadline isnt a certainty...otherwise I'll be very on edge!