1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody ever done Alice in Wonderland?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by rentonave, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Hi - am doing Alice in Wonderland as next school production but due to endoftermitis I am feeling particularly low on motivation and ideas.

Am planning to have different Alice's to represent when she grows/shrinks etc but was hoping someone might have done it recently (or even seen it a school)and could inspire me.

Auditioning before end of term and need to include ALOT of pupils!!
    Cheers in advance .....

2. Hi - am doing Alice in Wonderland as next school production but due to endoftermitis I am feeling particularly low on motivation and ideas.

Am planning to have different Alice's to represent when she grows/shrinks etc but was hoping someone might have done it recently (or even seen it a school)and could inspire me.

Auditioning before end of term and need to include ALOT of pupils!!
    Cheers in advance .....

3. I did Alice through the Looking Glass which is infinitely more fun IMO.Gosh that was about 20 years ago now.When I taught in Stevenage.
    Humpty Dumpty ( perched on one of those vaulting horses from the gym)
    Chess pieces- great fun making these costumes out of rubber rings mainly
    soldiers
    flowers
    Tweedledum and Tweedledee
    Lion and Unicorn
    My costume team had the best fun with all this

We used the music from Tchaikovsky Nutcracker suite Sugar Plum Fairy etc and added words to them.

4. Thanks Taster - I am happy to intersperse with Looking Glass ideas as the American who wrote this script is flexible with what I do!

The chess peices sound a great idea to fit in lots of extras (also was thinking of lots of playing cards and flowers and rabbits etc- maybe even a Grand Old Duke of York and lots and lots of soldiers marching up and down etc)

I appreciate your ideas - cheers

5. I don't know what age group you want to do this with but Out of the Ark do ALice - the Musical (for KS2 pupils). Did this with chn two years ago and they loved it - and the songs are fab!

6. My HOD just did both wonderland and through the looking glass for performing arts a2, it was fantastic, giant chess pieces, huge mirrors, brilliant costumes, they all did really well as well, good luck

7. HF

HF

Don't suppose you can get your hands on the script still can you? Looking for inspiration for my Year 13's unit 7 dodd@orange.net if you can or similarly have any other good suggestions!

8. <font size="2">Hello</font>

I did it in March
    this year
    <font size="2">The version I
    used started after the rabbit hole, and the Cheshire Cat covered the opening as
    a narrator/opening chorus; seemed to work and got round the shrinking bit</font>
    <font size="2">Barmy large cast,
    especially difficult to get people to the right rehearsals (sometimes) </font>

Keep the set
    simple as it changes a lot.
    <font size="2">Good luck</font>
    <font size="2">R</font>