1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody else have difficulties contacting the BBC?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TCSC47, Oct 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Hi everybody.

I've just been trying to contact the BBC World at One through their web page contact box. When I finally get down to "send" after filling in all the boxes, and the Captcha box, the send seems to hang up and I am left with the little circulating dots indication it is in the [process of sending, but nothing is happening apart from the keeping on circulating dots!

Any words of advice, anybody?

2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Try Tweeting them.

I did the other day, and heard my Tweet being read out (as a question to an MP they were interviewing) within 3 or 4 minutes! That was R5Live though...

TCSC47 and Duke of York like this.
  3. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

This has the potential of improving customer service all round. Interesting enough, I emailed Sainsburys with a complaint this morning and when I searched for the contact details for customer complaints, I was given a range of options to choose, including a tweet option.

My complaint was that shortly before they closed yesterday, I went to the kiosk to see if they sold replacement batteries for my vaping thing. They didn't, but they had a vaping starter kit.

The box it came in was securely sealed and had text so small it couldn't be read with the naked eye, however it had a diagram on the back showing the "contents". Of particular note was that on both the front and back of the box in large lettering that took up at least a third of the space was a message that said...

This product contains nicotine which is a highly addictive substance.

Back home, I discovered a vital part was missing - the disposable vaporisor and e-liquid canister, which although appearing in the diagram has 2pt text underneath in white letters against a light grey background indicating it is sold separately.

My complaint being that the only easily readable text on the pack was misleading and told a blatant and outrageous lie.

4. colpee

colpee Star commenter

The page may be trying to run a script which your browser, antivirus or (if you have it) anti-ad software is is preventing. Adding the site to the 'always trust' whitelist may do it.

Duke of York likes this.
  5. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

I've got a tweet thing but I have never used it! Are you not restricted to only a few characters? My letter is something like 500.

6. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Will try.

7. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Oh dear! How do you do that?

8. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

It actually seems to me that the BBC don't want you to contact them. If you follow the cont BBC links you keep ending up back where you started. I can understand that but they should be more honest and tell you that you can not get in touch. I have been all over the website. I have managed to contact some programs in the past. Very irritating and time wasting.

9. colpee

colpee Star commenter

What browser are you using?

10. dumpty

dumpty Lead commenter

Write and tell them you are canceling your tv licence as you no longer think you need one.

They will be in touch before you even send it.

11. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Google Chrome