1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody else feeling they will be lucky to survive Thursday without slapping someone in the staffroom?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lardylegs, Jul 20, 2011.

1. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Is it just me?
    Does anybody else feel like they might just blow a gasket and freak out if someone says JUST ONE MORE THING to annoy them?

for example:

"What will we do for our Christmas Production?" (Who gives a toss? It's July???)
    "I can't wait to have Baxter in My Class!" (Baxter? The one who bites your ankles and pronounces death threats on your family? You think you can tame him, do you? Go ahead, lady, I will keep a close watch on your car in the car park next term..)
    "I can't believe all the wonderful presents I've been given! So many White Stuff vouchers!!! So many chocolates!! I have a voucher for Scandinavian Head Massage!" (Really? That's so great! I have a voucher for Caledonian **** Massage which you are welcome to cash in any time.....)
    "I don't know what I'm going to to with myself on Monday! I think I will end up coming into work anyway....".... (You're on your own there, luv.. I'll be knee deep in a pile of discarded Bacardi bottles.....)
    "Does anyone have any good ideas for Tudor Fiction in Year 4? I want to get ahead with my Big Writing planning....." (No, but take this Tudor butter mould and shove it where the sun don't shine and throw in a few raisins for friction..... then write me a recount and post it to me in the holidays...)

2. lardylegs

Is it just me?
    Does anybody else feel like they might just blow a gasket and freak out if someone says JUST ONE MORE THING to annoy them?

for example:

"What will we do for our Christmas Production?" (Who gives a toss? It's July???)
    "I can't wait to have Baxter in My Class!" (Baxter? The one who bites your ankles and pronounces death threats on your family? You think you can tame him, do you? Go ahead, lady, I will keep a close watch on your car in the car park next term..)
    "I can't believe all the wonderful presents I've been given! So many White Stuff vouchers!!! So many chocolates!! I have a voucher for Scandinavian Head Massage!" (Really? That's so great! I have a voucher for Caledonian **** Massage which you are welcome to cash in any time.....)
    "I don't know what I'm going to to with myself on Monday! I think I will end up coming into work anyway....".... (You're on your own there, luv.. I'll be knee deep in a pile of discarded Bacardi bottles.....)
    "Does anyone have any good ideas for Tudor Fiction in Year 4? I want to get ahead with my Big Writing planning....." (No, but take this Tudor butter mould and shove it where the sun don't shine and throw in a few raisins for friction..... then write me a recount and post it to me in the holidays...)

3. lardylegs

I don't know why it's here twice! I know it's genius, but, please!

4. TreesK

TreesK New commenter

hahaha [​IMG]
    My favourites are the ones who decide to mention stuff NOW which we'd all hoped was long abandoned. eg 'shouldn't we be saving the (whatever) evidence and highlighting the targets achieved in (whatever) colour ' or 'Weren't we going to stick the *** in the **** books and then do the complicated other thing before preserving them in this archive otherwise known as 'the cupboard' just in case somebody cares'
    I have binbags.

5. Lol The one about the christmas production got me the other day. We have had to move classrooms AGAIN and there is still far, far too much to do with only one day left. Yet people are still discussiong things like the xmas play and I feel like screaming because my head is far too full of 'stuff' to get on top of before the holidays, let alone thinking ahead.

6. Don't forget to "meet the previous teacher" before Friday 3.30. Who will no doubt tell you "they aren't that bad and I'll miss them". They will, of course, be lying.
    Then you'll get the teacher who has changed year groups and already wants to now what do you do in Week 4 of Spring term maths.
    Christmas concert - already sorted ! - hasn't everyone (lol). No, on last Friday we were already warned of Year group changes for 2012-2013 !!. People are already worried about where they are being moved to !