1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody doing the MTL?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by dizzielizzy, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Hello!
    Is anyone currently doing or previously done what Leadership and Management module? I'm struggling to figure out what to focus on and wondered if anyone had any inspiration for me please?

2. Hello!
    Is anyone currently doing or previously done what Leadership and Management module? I'm struggling to figure out what to focus on and wondered if anyone had any inspiration for me please?

3. I didn't do the MTL, I did an MA (Education), completed last year. I took the leadership and management pathway through the whole MA, though.
    Have you got any initial ideas? I found that I was most successful in the modules I felt really passionately about. One or two were a bit of a struggle because, to be honest, I didn't care about the focus very much.
    Those were in the first year. I found that I could then bend the module to fit what I wanted to find out about, so I really enjoyed the subsequent years.
    For my dedicated leadership module, I focused on teamwork. I audited what was happening in my then school, and compared it to a second, similarly structured school. I research perceptions of teamwork from the point of view of a range of different stakeholders, and then described an "ideal world" model of teamwork based on the strengths of the two school and the interviews I did with stakeholders.
    If you offer a couple of ideas, and want someone to explore/unpick them a little, I'd be happy to help!