1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody been in this situation?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by ianrowe09, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Hi
    I have just negotiated an early release from my contract because the school has issued me with a cause for concern and said they really couldn't see me turning it round in 4 weeks (I had to agree due a lack of support putting me in this situation in the first place!)
    Prior to me taking up this employement I had successfully completed my first two terms in a different school with no hassle. However, since moving schools to complete my third term I have ran into all sorts of problems from not being welcomed properly (and feeling like that throughout) to a lack of support. So the best option for me was to negotiate an early release and still have the potential to complete my induction year elsewhere and still keep my teaching career alive.
    What I'm asking is this: first of all has anyone else been in this situation and how easy/difficult was it to secure another post after leaving your last job having a cause for concern?
    It sounds like I must be a terrible teacher but I firmly believe I am not as the first two terms proved. Any advice, stories would be greatly received.
    Thanks

2. My induction was hurtling towards disaster a few years back and I resigned to discount any third term failure.
    I ended up on supply, which inadvertently became long term...which allowed me to prove my worth to the department I was in (When I queried completing induction I was open with them from the start). I applied for the post and got it.
    They read the paperwork from my previous post and saw it was pretty positive. I'd say that as long as you have those two previous reports that show you are capable,employers should be willing to give you a chance.