1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any word from Herts?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by jenjen-uk, Feb 10, 2012.

1. jenjen-uk

jenjen-uk New commenter

Just wondered if anyone had heard anything from University of Hertfordshire about getting a place on the Primary PGCE for 2012..
    I had my interview towards the end of January, just over 2 weeks ago, and haven't heard anything yet. I know it hasn't been that long but the waiting is still killing me..!

2. jenjen-uk

jenjen-uk New commenter

Just wondered if anyone had heard anything from University of Hertfordshire about getting a place on the Primary PGCE for 2012..
    I had my interview towards the end of January, just over 2 weeks ago, and haven't heard anything yet. I know it hasn't been that long but the waiting is still killing me..!

3. Hi! I heard back Tuesday, three weeks after my interview, and have been offered a place. I think that no news is good news as a friend of mine had her interview the same day as me and got a rejection three days after. I actually applied for the flexi learning route which they've now pulled (I found out two weeks after my interview) so they've offered me the campus based course.
    Good luck :)

4. jenjen-uk

jenjen-uk New commenter

It sounds like you had your interview on the same day as me - well done!
    OK that's good news then hopefully :)
    Thank you!

5. No news is def good news, even though I havent applied to herts!
    They normally make unsuccessful decisions really quickly (I got rejected by my first choice 6 days after interview), and got made an offer today 4 weeks after my interview of my second choice! :)

6. Hello!

I had my interview in January too!! And only just heard back from them today! I have been offered a place!! Hope you hear soon!! Good luck!!

7. jenjen-uk

jenjen-uk New commenter

I heard back today too - I got in too, hooray!

8. Hey!! Congratulations!! See you in September!!!

9. Hello, well done everyone for getting into Herts! I have also applied there and have my interview on Wednesday does anyone have any tips?
    Thank you

10. jenjen-uk

jenjen-uk New commenter

Everyone was really friendly which helped! I'd say chat to other people, it makes you less worried when you're aware everyone's in the same boat - and I ended up doing the group task with a couple of people I'd chatted to at lunch which helped in terms of rapport.
    The individual interview was very short, so I think getting your enthusiasm across is the main point! Everyone I spoke to had different questions, so just think about those that might come up and have some examples ready too.

11. jenjen-uk

jenjen-uk New commenter

Hi Avril

I know your question wasn't aimed at me, but.. I still haven't heard anything more from the uni, I was thinking of contacting them actually as I still dont even know when we start!

12. Hi Anna
    I did the the same as you and also will start in Sept 2012. Have you heard anymore from them yet?
    Avril

13. I've been told 17th September start for X121 Postgraduate PGCE. No further info as yet.

14. Hi,
    I am starting at Herts in Sept doing lower primary.. Apart from medical form have not had any further info. Has anyone else heard any more?
    Fend

15. jenjen-uk

jenjen-uk New commenter

Hi Fend

No, nothing else yet!

Waiting for them to hit us with a reading list a week before we start ;-)

16. Hi Jen
    Are you staying on campus or driving in? I have completed my QTS tests over the summer so they are out the way at least. Had not been told about list would have been good to have it a bit earlier than a week before
    Fend

17. jenjen-uk

jenjen-uk New commenter

Fend

Don't panic about the reading list, I was only joking!

I'll be driving in, about half an hour (or so!) for me.. Are you on site?

Wow, I haven't even thought about the QTS tests yet, well done!

18. Jen
    Yep I am driving in, it takes about 1hr 15mins if i miss the traffic, less on way home. I wanted to get the tests out the way asap, so many people stress about them and we will have better things to stress about (LOL).
    I have bough the Haylock Maths explained for the primary teacher , it is well worth having a look at and I think will be on the reading list. Got it cheap on amazon. Its nice to hear from someone else going to herts.
    Fend

19. Jen check your emails. I have had joining instructions for Herts in mine today. It's all go now!
    Fend

20. jenjen-uk

jenjen-uk New commenter

How exciting! Though pretty daunting, lots to do before the 17th! Thanks for the Haylock recommendation, I think its on the reading list too.