1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any whiteboard examples/websites

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by peppylepiu, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Hey,
    We have just had interactive whiteboards installed. Are there any website or resources where whiteboard ideas are shared?. They are a great tool but I want to convince the other teachers that whiteboards are relevant to their subject, at the moment some teachers still seem to resort back to using only the projector and avoid using it. I have shown them the basics but would like to have resources/ideas for each subject.
    Thanks

2. ict04

ict04 New commenter

This online resource (linked to a textbook I think?) has been of great use for our teachers:
    http://www.glencoe.com/sites/common_assets/mathematics/ebook_assets/vmf/VMF-Interface.html

You need to explore a bit but there are a number of very useful tools in there for maths at least.

3. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

The key to IWB is their use interactively. Without this they are, as has been suggested, just a waste.
    Main use I have is for making the lesson resources - using SMART Notebook - available outside the lesson via the VLE. It is simple, easy and effective.
    Do I need the IWB to do this? Probably not as I'm sure there is an alternative but would I be without it? No.