1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by rugby_gal06, Jul 8, 2011.

1. No opinion at all really on any qualified teacher until they write me a letter to apply for a job. Just some thoughts on letters of application after fair few years of recruiting. Take it or leave it.

2. I think I will leave it, thank you.

3. Good for you.

4. We tend to have three of us involved with short-listing and three to five with the interview process on the day.
    Overwhlemingly, I personally seek a good understanding and demonstration of good quality teaching skills, and to an extent this can involve ensuring that the "right buttons" re key areas are hit, such as SEN etc.Qualifications and application appearance such as grammar etc are important to me too.
    One colleague is more heavily swayed by personal charactertistics/traits and how this may be utilised to our advantage. How they may fit in socially within our team
    Another colleague tends to be the person that will "unravel" and ponder upon their previous experience and indeed reasons for leaving!!!