1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any teachers in Bangkok at the moment - what is the flooding situation like?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by percy topliss, Nov 1, 2011.

1. percy topliss

percy topliss Occasional commenter

Actually Frog all schools are shut until the 15th but can apply for a special dispensation to open on the 7th if they can prove to the *** that their school, it's surroundings and the access roads are not in a state that might endanger the students or staff.

On the beach at etaples,

Perce

max5775 likes this.
  2. percy topliss

percy topliss Occasional commenter

Firstly, no I do not want a roller skate, if I had one it would have been swept away by now and are you going to ship it out to Bangers for me? I think not!

Secondly, for those of you interested and it may not be many I know:

Just started our fourth week of hotel living in a resort down South. Have to say that it has been great fun spending so much time with Mrs Topliss and the sprog...but, what's going to happen? Even after the flood abates there will have to be a massive clean up. We don't want to take our offspring back to a place full of disease, snakes, crocodiles and woe!
    Some of the schools in the centre have reopened but are teaching from day to day as they know that there is still water coming their way, another school has already stated on its website that there is little chance of it reopening before Christmas. Some of the smaller schools could go under here. Interesting times dear friends, interesting times!

Percy

max5775 likes this.
  3. Sandman

Sandman New commenter

You still being paid Percy? Reminder about how important it is to build up some contingency reserves when an OST.