1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

***Any TEACHER reading this please can you SPARE 10 MINS?? **

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by ORTUSOCCASUS, Jul 5, 2017.

?

As a teacher are you supported by management or colleagues in your school?

1. Yes, I am supported by management and colleagues

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. Yes, I am supported by management

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, I am supported by my colleagues

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. No, I am not supported by anyone

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. ORTUSOCCASUS

ORTUSOCCASUS New commenter

Hello, I am completing a psychology masters and need some help from teachers!! If you could help me out and complete this survey on support in the workplace and its effects on stress that would be so kind!

This is for my FINAL Masters research project so if you have a spare 10 minutes please can you fill in the survey (it's completely anonymous and the data I collect will hopefully have a positive effect on the school work environment).

Link to survey can be found here:
    https://ntupsychology.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/stress_support

Thank you - it's really appreciated!

secretteacher2357 likes this.
  2. rosiecg

rosiecg Occasional commenter

Done!

ORTUSOCCASUS likes this.
  3. ORTUSOCCASUS

Thank you so much, really appreciate it! If you know anyone who would be suitable feel free to share this questionnaire. It all helps!

4. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

bump

ORTUSOCCASUS likes this.
  5. sofia_sen

sofia_sen Occasional commenter

Also done!
    It made me realise that I'm actually well supported and happy in my work place :)

dzil and ORTUSOCCASUS like this.
  6. ORTUSOCCASUS

Thank you Sofia! PLease feel free to share this survey. I have had over 700 responses so far but the more responses the better! :)

sofia_sen likes this.
  7. SEBREGIS

SEBREGIS Lead commenter

I get the impression that management is very well meaning and would LIKE to support us, but the nature of the job makes it very difficult.

Sometimes I feel like a Roman galley slave being told 'we've put cushions on the benches and we've made hand lotion available, but your job is rowing, and if you can't keep up then we are obliged to throw you to the lions.'

sofia_sen likes this.
  8. MrsBee4812

MrsBee4812 New commenter

Done! I moved schools earlier in the year and my stress levels have plummeted! I have no doubt that it is due to support from SLT and the attitude of colleagues in my new school! I feel valued and this makes me incredibly happy

sofia_sen likes this.