1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by rugby_gal06, Jul 26, 2011.

1. I am a supply teacher (not by choice), so I haven't got the classroom or resources to prepare for a new class. I know we are only a few days into the holidays and I should be happy to have all this free time, but I hate it. I've had nearly two weeks off since I last did supply, which is more than enough IMO.
    I have applied for 10 jobs so far in the hope of securing something to get me through the summer and provide me with an income, but I haven't heard a thing [​IMG] I'm not sure whether it is because my CV says 'supply teacher' and they think I already have a good income - far from it with the amount of supply available or whether it is because I am a graduate and would get bored with the job quickly or something....I'm just guessing, but it's so frustrating.
    I have hobbies during the year, but these have stopped for the summer too.
    I have had a clear out of all my things, taken lots to the charity shop, put things on ebay over the past few days, but now I'm dying of boredom.
    What can I do to pass the time and preferably earn some money too?