1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any suggestions for a play with 7 female parts?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by rebecca_84, Nov 19, 2010.

1. I need some ideas for my GCSe group. There's only 7 girls in it and i'd quite like them to do something together rather than in two groups.

Any suggestions would be great. I've already ordered Kindertransport but I wanted some other options.

xx

2. I need some ideas for my GCSe group. There's only 7 girls in it and i'd quite like them to do something together rather than in two groups.

Any suggestions would be great. I've already ordered Kindertransport but I wanted some other options.

xx

3. Look at "Antigone, Wind of Change" on my website.
    Specially written for the GCSE exam. Comes in versions for 6 - 9 characters, any gender.
    See top of home page.
    www.resources4drama.co.uk

4. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Which exam board are you following - some restrict group numbers.

5. there's a fab play called 'Love Me Slender' about a weight watchers group - it's quite funny, there's also 'Top Girls'

6. Have a look at 'Bizarre and rummage' - about a group of agrophobics who go and run a jumble sale, funny and touching really good characters

7. Thank you for all your ideas. We're using Edexcel.
    I'll be looking into all you've mentioned! Ta!
    <u></u>

8. siege

siege New commenter

Edexcel always like ensemble - how about 'Grimm's Tales' or 'Under Milk Wood'

9. One Million to STOP THE TRAFFIK was written purposely to fit any cast of any gender. Dbda publish it: 0870 333 7771. There is a book and a dvd of the original production if you're interested.

10. What about doing an female version of 'Lord of the Flies'? We did it at drama school and I remember watching the female cast thinking the whole idea was wonderful. They did it in the round.

11. How about cross-casting and making an all female version of the Mechnicals scenes from MSND.
    You could also consider Psychosis 4:48, but that's tricky.