1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any science teachers with 10 minutes of spare time!

Discussion in 'Science' started by stevehermitage, Feb 21, 2012.

1. I am currently doing my PGCE in Biology and balanced science, and as part of this I have to conduct a open study. I am basically looking at the quality of online resources for science teachers and evaluating the review tools that different websites use. To help me get data to evaluate these tests I have created this survey

http://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/aber/onlineresourcesurvey

All it needs is for you to give some very basic information for me to build a stratified sample of results, and then to rank 10 different resources out of 10.

It should only take about 10 minutes to complete and would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you to anyone who completes it!

Steve H

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Done the survey. NOt sure what you mean by 'online'. They were mostly worksheets which could be from printed media.

3. They could have been, but were all taken from online resource sites.

4. I have completed the survey too. Good Luck!

5. alessio

alessio Administrator

Done! This is a nice assignment you are doing and it was very interesting to look at the resources and complete the survey!
    Thanks for this!
    Alessio.

6. Quick and fairly painless... But I did notice a serious mistake on one of the sheets!
    It is also very difficult to judge the "quality" of the sheet without a context. I like resources that I can take bits from and edit if I want to make changes or improve.
    Good luck with your research! :)

7. The 'quality' can be taken in any way you choose, I left it specifically ambiguous. I essentially want to rank the resources in order of quality by common consensus to use a basis to test the construct validity of some evaluation tools.

Thanks for doing it!