1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any recommendations for baby portraits?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Coolgiraffe, May 5, 2012.

1. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

I'm thinking of getting a photo session for my 10 week old baby's portrait. I've got the voucher for a free Pixifoto one but reviews online say they are a rip off and you find it very hard to just walk away with the free one and that it isn't good quality because it's the first shot they take.
    Would you recommend going to an independent photographer or going to the Pixifoto session anyway?
    Thanks x

2. I would agree, private photographers are often better, they can come to your house or chossen location and just take natural shots. My sister does a bit of photography on the side (of teaching!) and does this sort of thing a lot, if you happen to live in the South West then PM me and I can give you her details x

3. I would definitely go with an independent photographer who discloses their pricing up-front and who has a minimum charge for a session - perhaps redeemable against purchases. Then they do not have to take a hard sales approach to earn a living.

Years ago we had a family portrait session because of a voucher and despite the fact that my now ex-husband was (and is) a an opinionated and very strong-willed barrister, the hard sell was exhausting and we ended up spending more than we had intended. The photos were very good but I hated the experience.

I have since had a session with a my girls with a professional photographer who operates on the structure above and I was a able and willing to buy so many more photos because the pricing was fair and you weren't being bullied into expensive frames etc...